Operation Breakthrough continues to provide essential services for our 350+ families. Now more than ever, we can only do what we do because of you.
For those of you wanting to know how you can help, here are a few ways that are very appreciated.
Financial support is the best way to help because this situation is ever-changing and it gives us the flexibility to meet whatever the greatest needs are at the time. You can donate online by clicking here. You can join our monthly giving program, The OB Network, to stay connected with Operation Breakthrough once stay at home orders are lifted.
If you want to shop for us, we also greatly appreciate gifts of goods for our pantry.
Here are the things our families need most:
- Non-perishable food: canned soups, meats, vegetables and fruit, pasta and sauce and cereal
- Diapers: sizes 1, 2, 4, & 5 and pull-ups
- Unscented baby wipes
- Toilet Paper
- Hand Soap
- Dish Soap
- Laundry Detergent
- Sponges and cleaning supplies
- Children’s pain relievers
- Toothbrushes (individually packaged)
- Women’s deodorant
Gallon Freezer Bags (so we can break down bulk items for multiple families).
To help our children continue to learn while at home, we have a few items that could be purchased on our Amazon Wish List.
- Small magnetic dry erase board - size 9" x 12"
- Magnetic letters
- Magnetic shapes
- 2-1/2 Gallon sized bags with slider seal
- Colored paper of any kind
- Counting bears and shapes
- Sidewalk chalk
- Colored pencils
- Washable markers - 8/10 packs, broadline preferred
- Glue sticks
- Dry-erase markers in black
- Plastic boxes - on Amazon wish list
Anything you can provide will be a great help. We still have a yellow bin just inside the front door for easy drop-offs.
**Please note that we are also hiring for the new summer school site. There is a link to the application below! **
Many items can be purchased on our Amazon Wish List and mailed directly to the center. 3039 Troost, Kansas City, MO 64109
To limit social contact during donation drop offs, we have a bin inside our front door from 9 – 5. Tax receipts are provided on the side of bin.
We are very thankful for the support we have already received from countless companies, restaurants and families who have dropped donations off at our center. To find out about fundraisers for Operation Breakthrough going on throughout the city and online, please visit us on Facebook.